Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shameless Self-Promotion

Hey everyone,

I know it's been a month since I posted and I know this is the kind of thing that any person that has ever been subjected to every Girl Scout, ridiculous trinket, candle sale, etc. that has been peddled to them at work or home hates, but I'm trying to raise some money. And believe me, it makes me uncomfortable just asking this.

I have a good friend that has a son that suffers from hemophilia B. For those who aren't familiar with what this is, it's a serious disease that prevents blood clotting. As you might imagine, this poses great challenges to those affected.

My friend Greg recently clued me into a charity bike ride that is going to benefit people like his son that suffer from this disease. It's a road race that will cover almost 700 miles in 7 days. To help the various foundations that will benefit from this ride, they are asking each participant to raise $3K. I know in these economic times, altruism is a tough to do. But if you've ever thrown a couple dollars to your local Girl Scout troop, homeless shelter or cause of choice, I ask you to do the same now, for someone you (nominally) know as well.

If you are interested, please visit here. It's a great cause and I really appreciate anyone who decides to help.

We'll be back to our regularly scheduled dick jokes soon.

1 comment:

TK said...

Good luck, buddy. I get vaguely nauseous just thinking about it, but good luck.