- You know you've won the lottery at getting boned when you not only have to work Sunday to finish up a server upgrade, but might have to show up for jury duty the Monday after. At least the popular, "Live Blogging @ Jury Duty!" will make a return engagement if I get called in.
- I've realized that I'm not only lazy, I'm extremely cheap. You see, the other day I had a long argument with myself about whether I was going to ride my bike to school or drive and park (it's 15 miles round trip and $1/hour to park). That's right, it was a cage match. Of laziness vs cheapness. For the record, laziness won that night.
- An easy way to determine you've had too much to drink one night? When you have to watch a movie over again because you were so smashed the first time through that you only remember the first 15 minutes. Perhaps, I might drink too much. Nahhhh.
- On that note, Tropic Thunder = just OK.
- Did any of you guys (like there's a ton of people reading this) see the newest X-Files flick? I was kind of disappointed that they just completely ignored the years of previous plots and story to do a stand alone movie. Give me some closure dammit!
- M went back to her mom's for Thanksgiving. It was just me and the dog at the house. I've realized that I'm seriously out of touch with my bachelor mojo. I thought there'd be all this great stuff I could be doing solo. What actually ended up happening? Me sitting around with the dog in my lap, watching movies, reading or napping. Though that wasn't all that bad either.
- One thing I don't miss about bachelorhood? Eating dinners of Tuna Helper and tater tots. And no, I can't cook for shit if it doesn't get grilled.
- This month is going to be 9 years that M and I have been together. My previous record for a relationship? 3 years, and that was with my ex-wife. Man am I ever lucky enough to have found her. Though she might have a different opinion on that. I expect the "When are you two going to get married?" questions to hit a fevered pace around year 10.
- Going back to animals for a minute. If you like them, especially dogs, and haven't read Marley and Me yet, I highly recommend it. It's a great, humorous story. Though beware, it got awful dusty in my house at completion.
Friday, December 5, 2008
The Return of...Random Thoughts Friday!
Off we go: